February 12, 1954 – Pastor Wayne Cockrell was born
June 1979 – He was, born a second when he trusted the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. Since that time he has known, and still testifies that, “if any man be in Christ he is a new creation; old things are passed away; behold all things become new”.
Oct 27, 1979 – Married to Iris Cockrell, father of three children and four grandchildren.
October 1981 – Pastor Wayne Cockrell was licensed to preach.
November 1984 – Ordained to the Pastoral Ministry through Manna Bible Baptist Church under the
leadership of the Late Pastor Joseph Brown.
1984 – 1986 – Served as an Associated Pastor of Berean Bible Church under the Late Paul Lewis.
June 15, 1986 – The new assembly held the first official worship service, at the League of The Handicap on Cold Spring Lane, attended by well over 50 people.
In 1989 –The Spirit of our God led us to a church building a mile or so from where we were then meeting. There God granted us favor by blessing us with a 400 seat church building that also contained 7 classrooms at 531 Walker Ave.
In early 1993 – The hand of God’s favor has been upon us from the very beginning, and the fact that our Leadership was consistently in prayer and submission to the leading of God by his Holy Spirit, it’s no wonder we received an unsolicited request to look at a Jewish Funeral Home.
June 1997 – After completing major renovations, we began to meet at our new facility and current location – 6010 Reisterstown Road.
In 2000 – The millennium, we began preparations for an expansion project. Plans and blueprints were drawn for our building to be renovated with a larger 800-seat sanctuary, an education wing with eight large classrooms, more office space, a larger nursery facility and a larger fellowship hall.
Sept. 14, 2003 – We dedicated our building to the Lord as an instrument for His continued glory.
In 2007 – The Lord once again showed favor upon our Genesis Bible Fellowship Church congregation by allowing us to acquire the car dealership at 6000 Reisterstown Road. With the acquisition of this property, Genesis Bible Fellowship Church now owns the entire blocks of 6000-6100 of Reisterstown Road. Under the leadership and vision of our Pastor, Wayne Cockrell, this building will be renovated for the expansions of the Ministries at Genesis.
- Pastor Cockrell is a graduate of the University of Maryland with a Bachelors of Science; Liberty University with a Master of Religion with a Counseling Concentration and Faith Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree.
- Currently Pastor Cockrell is finishing his Doctor of Ministry degree at Faith Theological Seminary.
- He is also a graduate of the Baltimore School of the Bible with a certificate in Advanced Teacher Training.
- Pastor Cockrell served with the Baltimore School of the Bible for over 22 years, as an instructor for the Gospel of John, Pauline Epistles, Personal Evangelism and Hebrews.
- He can be seen in the Baltimore metropolitan area on the Fox CW Television Station (Channel 54) Food for the Soul Television Broadcast every Wednesday at 6:00 AM
“But God has chosen the foolish things of this world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weaker things of this world to shame the things which are mighty, and the base things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence. But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption, that as it is written, He who glories, let him glory in the Lord”. (1st Corinthians 1:27-31)